Monday, September 23, 2013

Starlooks “Mixed” Starbox

I always find that makeup is the easiest way to change your mood. The right shade of lipstick can bring brightness to both your face and your attitude, and a good smoky eye can instantly turn you into a smoldering diva! That’s why I am always excited to have an opportunity to review a makeup product. I received the Starlooks Starbox a couple of weeks ago and was amazed by the array of glowing colors. The kit I received contained an eye shadow palette called, “St. Tropez”, a “Sculpt and Blush” brush, and Starlooks “Ultimate Body Bronze Set” which included their Quince “Relaxing” Body Butter and their “Penny Wise” Pigment Luster. When combined, these two products create a smooth and lasting body bronzer, perfect for stretching out that summer glow into the coming months of fall! All of their products are guaranteed to be cruelty free and very affordable with prices ranging from $12.00 - $46.00. So here is the 411 on the products!


“St. Tropez” Eye Shadow Palette:
This palette was packed with shades that easily transferred from day to night and were perfect for summer. Each shade is made to work either on its own or together to create a truly complimentary eye color. The palette contains shades of gold, taupe, peach, and even black, which when combined with the gold shade, created a very memorable summertime smoky eye!

“Sculpt and Blush” Brush:
The brush is perfect for my makeup needs. As I’ve mention in prior posts, my recent weight gain (thank you Papa John’s), has left me with a desperate need to add some shading to my face for special events and this brush works wonders for slimming the face! I use it almost daily with a little bronzing powder to give my full looking face a little bit of structure.

“The Ultimate Body Bronze Set”:
Admittedly, I am a fair girl by nature but I have fought it through every stage of my life. I hate being pale and spend more money on self tanner and spray tans than any sane women should. When I saw the directions for the set, I initially thought it would be too much work. First you have to squeeze the body butter into your hand and then sprinkle in some of the pigment. I was certain I’d either use too little and end up with nothing or sprinkle too much and look like a forgotten Jersey Shore cast member. Luckily, the process is fairly foolproof. I started with a little, rubbed my hands together and could instantly see the shade. I continued to add pigment until it reached a color I liked and then I applied. The color was beautiful and perfect for evening. The body butter left my legs feeling like silk and the pigment was the perfect bronze shade with just a hint of sparkle. The only downfall is that the product is not waterproof, so I would steer clear if you’re heading out on a rainy day.

Overall, I would definitely recommend these products. With so many to choose from is such amazing shades, you’re sure to find your perfect Star Look!

No comments:

Post a Comment